Weekend recap

We had a really good and productive weekend. Yesterday, after sleeping in, Ryan and Robert worked on getting the trailer ready for our move the end of May. They got the tire things in the correct places for the bikes – Robert was a BIG help and did a lot of the tightening of the bolts and stuff. This task required one person in the trailer and one under the trailer, so Ryan went under and Robert worked inside. Ryan put the bikes in the trailer to make sure they would both fit. They do, but we had to switch where we were going to put them. The original plan was for my sporty to go in first and then Ryan's big bike, but they actually fit better the other way. When Ryan was putting the bikes in, though, they bottomed out a little on the edge of the trailer going from the ramp/back door into the main part of the trailer. The guy we bought the trailer from had a piece of 1/2" plywood on the door, but we figured a 3/4" piece would work better. So Ryan and Robert went to Lowe's for plywood and a few other things and Thomas and I went for a walk. I put him in his ERGObaby carrier and we walked to Lowe's and back. I was a nice almost 4 mile walk! The Ergo is so much more comfy for both Thomas and I than the old Snugli. Ryan grilled hamburgers for dinner in the evening, and thus ended a great day.

This morning we finally got to church again, after missing the last 2 weeks due to us being sick. It's nice we're all finally getting better! Everyone at church was glad to see us, especially Thomas! With my family so far away, it's nice that my boys have honorary grandmas, grandpas, aunts, and uncles with my church family. After the service, we took our Intern Pastor (aka pastor-in-training – she's still in seminary, but does a year as an intern) out to lunch at one of our favorite places. Each week a different family takes her out somewhere. We had a really nice lunch and great conversation with C. Thomas sure ate a lot. I think he's hit his 6 month growth spurt – he nursed 6 times between midnight and 10 a.m. this morning, nursed again during the sermon about 1130, and then had green beans with a little rice cereal at lunch followed by more milk. Then he passed out while the rest of us ate.

After lunch, we brought C back to the church and then headed out to post to do our weekly grocery shopping. Then it was home to put groceries away, finish the laundry, and relax. I made my weekly phone call home to Mom & Dad and was able to participate in #runchat on Twitter. It's the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month, and we answer questions posed by the moderators about running. It's a great time getting to chat with other runners, and see their insights on various topics. Thomas had some applesauce-oatmeal and then a bath and his breathing treatment before bed. Robert had waffles, a banana, yogurt, and an ice cream up for dinner, and after I had Thomas in bed, I had peanut butter and jelly. Sunday evening dinners are usually whatever since we usually have a big lunch somewhere and aren't really hungry for a regular dinner. I even got some stitching done, and now I'm heading to bed.

4 thoughts on “Weekend recap

  1. Did Robert have an ice cream cup, or an up? Is that something new?
    It is probably better to have the heavier bike closer to the front of the trailer for drive-ability. Glad Robert is learning mechanical and carpentry things, as it always comes in handy.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s