- Fri, 21:26: Laundry done. Post office run done. Grocery shopping done. Time for some stitching and relaxing!!
- Sat, 01:36: Would like to wish @runbakeread the best as she runs #MarineCorpsMarathon tomorrow!
- Sat, 10:30: Off to church I go. It’s Reformation Sunday, so if you’re Lutheran, don’t forget to wear red!
And a week it’s been. We were off work on Monday for a comp day, but I still had to go to PT. Tuesday morning we had our quarterly unit weigh in. Wednesday morning was PT, Thursday morning was a gig, and then PT again this morning – but half hour earlier for me as I gave a PT test to a postpartum Soldier. So early mornings all week. And Tuesday began a week I don’t care to repeat again anytime soon. We had Soldier issues to take care of and I spent quite a bit of time at the copy machine on Tuesday. And then we were working on fall cleanups all week – picking up trash in our area, raking, picking up piles of leaves and branches and stuff. And I had to compile the results of the Command Climate Survey we did last week. If it weren’t for the gig on Thursday (with a short rehearsal Wednesday afternoon), I wouldn’t have done my actual job at all this week.
But today was a good day. After PT, I was on pass so I could go to Robert’s 1st Quarter award ceremony where he received an award for perfect attendance. And then after a little bit at home, Ryan and I headed to Tucson for his VA appointment – on the Harley!! It was a beautiful day for a ride, and my first ride to Tucson. I passed the time by texting with a couple of my friends, checking Facebook from my phone, and enjoying the scenery. I also took a few pictures with my phone. We stopped a couple of times along the way up there to stretch our legs and get circulation back to certain parts of the body that one sits on. I went to his appointment with his as his doc wanted to talk to me for a bit as well. Oh, before his appointment, we went to Waffle House for lunch. Yummy! The ride home was a little more uncomfortable. One of the roads we were on was horrible. But we made it home and traded the bike for the van and went and picked Robert up from Child Time and headed to his school for a PTO fundraiser. They had a kickball game with the staff/teachers versus the 6th graders. It was a lot of fun to watch. And then they had a spaghetti dinner after – LOTS of spaghetti, a little bit of salad, a bread stick, and a cookie for $4 a person. They had lots of bread sticks and cookies leftover, so they were selling them for $1 for a dozen bread sticks and 5 cookies for $1. We got some of each to take home.
After a stop at the grocery store for milk and potatoes (and grapes for the soccer game tomorrow), we headed home to relax for the rest of the evening. By the time Robert went to bed, I didn’t feel like stitching, but I had gotten some done earlier in the day while Ryan was in with his doc.
Today’s high: 86
- Wed, 12:44: @cmumathwhiz Awesome! And you should have it back by the beginning of next week.
- Wed, 12:47: Ceremony complete. Time to keep working on fall clean ups now. Yay for picking up trash all over post.
- Wed, 19:09: Soccer mom time!! Yay!!
- Thu, 00:39: Good night! I’m off to bed.
- Thu, 11:16: Good morning everyone!! Getting ready to head to son’s school for 1st quarter awards ceremony! Perfect attendance award this morning.
- Tue, 20:42: @runbakeread Mmmm. Blondies sound good. Especiall after my hilly 5 mile run.
- Tue, 21:17: Ran 4.87 miles in 54 mins and felt good. Really nice run after work! I headed out toward the West Gate today and ta… http://bit.ly/cevA3a
- Wed, 01:08: Time for bed. I should sleep good tonight with that awesome run under my belt.
- Wed, 10:00: Time for work again. Ceremony this morning to start the day.
I was up early this morning and at church at 0730 for choir warmups. We sang at the 0800 service and it went really well. Then after the service, I went home and got Robert and took him to Sunday School. After the opening and when he was in his classroom, I headed home again to get warmed up on my trombone. Then Ryan and I headed back to church and I went and warmed up with my accompanist in the music room and Ryan went to get Robert from Sunday School. I played "I Love to Tell the Story" during the offering. It went really well, and I actually got my high A flat at the end!! It was a little shaky, but I got it. Everyone enjoyed my playing – I really need to play at church more often. After church and some visiting, we went to Applebees for lunch and then home to watch the NASCAR race that we had Tivo’ed. I got some crocheting done this afternoon and took about a half hour nap on the couch. I just couldn’t keep my eyes open. I called mom and dad and then we went for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. Then it was home to get Robert to bed and I did more crocheting.
Today’s high: 73
- Fri, 13:35: Time for a family fun day!! (@ Reid Park Zoo) http://4sq.com/bUlPnA
- Fri, 18:24: @runbakeread That does sound like a great day!
- Fri, 21:38: Ran 6.76 miles in 1 hour and 15 mins and felt good. That was an awesome evening long run!! My legs felt strong and … http://bit.ly/c47EJI
- Fri, 21:46: @runbakeread Thanks!! We had a great time at the zoo today and now I’m happy mommy/wife because I got a run in!
- Fri, 21:58: Dinner! (@ Denny’s) http://4sq.com/5RTVOP
- Sat, 00:47: Family Back to THREE!!! http://j.mp/9K1F2h
- Sat, 01:20: Time for bed. Good night!
- Sat, 10:24: Church, Sunday School, and Church this morning! (@ Sierra Evangelical Lutheran Church) http://4sq.com/dnA0jL