Another weekend over

Weekends are entirely too short. Especially when you're still trying to finish getting unsick. I know, that's not really a word, but I'm going to use it anyway. Yesterday we all slept in, except Ryan. He had his conceal carry class and had to leave a little after 7. I got up and packed him a lunch and made sure he was up and then I went back to bed. I think I got up around 8:30 when I heard Thomas "talking" in his crib. Robert played Wii and I played mommy. I did computer stuff and played with Thomas on the floor and just had a nice relaxing day. Once it warmed up, I did put Thomas in the jogging stroller and we went for a 5K run around the neighborhood. It sure was nice to get out and run again – 11 days between runs is WAY too long. I got to try out my new Garmin Forerunner 910xt and I love it!! So many cool things on it – like a virtual running partner where you set the VP's pace and then try and beat it. Of course, since I was pushing the stroller, the VP beat me by .2 mile, but that's ok. I can't wait until I can get in a pool again sometime and try out the swim functions on my new GPS watch! Once Ryan got home from his class in the early evening, we went to Chili's for dinner.

This morning we slept in again and that was nice. We opted out of going to church again because we don't want to get others sick (or think they're going to get sick since we're not contagious, but you know how people get when you cough or sneeze around them). We did go eat at the Chinese buffet place and then out to post for grocery shopping at the commissary. We always get so many comments about Thomas when we're out shopping, especially when I'm wearing him. Today was his second time in our new ERGObaby carrier – it's so much more comfortable than the Snugli. More comfy for both Thomas and me. The straps are more padded and more supportive for me and there's more butt space for Thomas and that puts him in a much better position for being worn. He seems more secure in it as well, and I don't feel like he's going to fall out if I move the wrong way. It was definitely a good investment – although I did get it for about half what one normally costs thanks to Ebay!  After we got home from shopping, Robert went outside and drew on the driveway with chalk while I got the groceries put away and then we folded yesterday's laundry and watched the NASCAR race.  We had all eaten a lot at the buffet place, so we didn't really have dinner, but I did make Robert a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he had some other stuff with it. Poor Thomas had just finished his bedtime banana-oatmeal and Ryan was holding him and Thomas coughed really hard and it must have gagged him or something and he threw up his oatmeal all over Ryan and the floor. I got both of them cleaned up and sent Ryan to take a shower and then I got Thomas cleaned up better and nursed him. When I laid him in his crib, he was OUT. Hopefully that was a one time thing and he doesn't throw up anymore.

Off to bed for me now. Tomorrow begins another week, and a long one at that. But at least I'm feeling better now, so I'll be able to get back to my running and working out.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s