Another week

Tuesday morning was my first Pregnancy Education Class – part of the PPPT program.  It was on oral care during pregnancy.  I had explained to Robert that I was going to have to go to classes on Tuesdays, so he’d be going to Child Time before school.  He asked me what kind of classes they were and when I told them they were classes on how to be a Mommy and how to care for a baby, he replied, "But Mommy, you already know all that."  I know.  But I still have to go to them.  After the class was done, I went and got my weekly allergy shots.  I think that’s the one benefit of the classes – they go from 7-8 and I don’t have formation until 9, so I have that time to kill and I’ll do it by getting my allergy shot.  I did admin work most of the day Tuesday, and after lunch we had marching band practice.  I finally got to get up in front of the band as Drum Major again since we had to practice for Wednesday’s ceremony.  After work was dinner and time with Robert and after he was in bed, I crocheted.

Wednesday was a Change of Command ceremony, so I didn’t have to go to PT.  It was a rainy, miserable day all day and the ceremony ended up going indoors and seated.  So I ended up playing trombone instead of Drum Majoring.  At least I still got to earn my pay by doing the ceremony.  I spent the rest of the morning doing some admin work and I got some stitching done at lunch.  After lunch I finished up the admin work I was doing and then headed to another baby appointment.  It went ok and then I headed home after.  Robert was scheduled to have a soccer game at 1730, and Coach hadn’t called yet at 1710 when we left the house.  "They" finally decided to call the game at like 1720.  Robert wasn’t really too disappointed.  It was POURING when we got to the field, so I’m glad they called the game.  However, there was an 80% chance of severe thunderstorms in the forecast for all day, and it had been raining most of the day.  I would have made the call a lot earlier in the day.  But that’s just me.  So we went home and had dinner and Robert did his homework for the week and after he was in bed, I did some crocheting.

Today was Thursday.  I missed choir practice last night because I guess I didn’t realize it was Wednesday since we didn’t work Monday.  My days were all mixed up.  Oh well – it happens.  LOL  I was able to walk Robert to school this morning, and that was nice.  At least I still have one day a week (most weeks) that I can walk him to school.  Work was a pretty normal day today.  Brass Band tried to have German Band rehearsal this morning (we morph into German Band for Oktoberfest time of year), but we have a severe lack of music.  We have our speculations as to what happened to the music, but no proof.  So we didn’t really get to play much.  We have calls and e-mails into several other bands that we know have German Band music, so hopefully by Monday we’ll be good to go – we have a gig next Friday.  I spent the rest of the morning keeping busy in my admin office.  I got more stitching done at lunch, and then after lunch I headed over to the old band hall.  We’re going to be moving back there next week, and we finished prepping our office area today – moving desks, cleaning, etc.  Once we were done with that, the admin team was done for the day, so I headed home.  I finished the book I was reading and then I took a nice long hot shower.  That sure felt good.  I went and got Robert from Child Time, and since he didn’t have soccer practice this evening, we had a nice relaxing evening.  I had ordered pizza from Papa Johns online earlier in the day and that was delivered around 6.  It was nice not having to think about dinner when I got home.  My friend H stopped by for a bit with her baby – she was out for a walk while B, her husband, was cooking dinner.  They only live about 1/4 mile from us.  I work with both of them.  After she headed back home, Ryan called and I talked to him for a while and Robert played Super Mario Brothers on the Wii.  Then after he was in bed, I got some crocheting done.  Yes, it’s a crocheting kind of week.

Today’s high:  82
Current:  66


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s