PT. And more PT. And an appointment. And another appointment.

Think you’re seeing double???  Well, you may very well be!  I dropped Robert off at Child Time on my way to PT and after checking in at the facility where pregnancy PT meets, I headed over to the pool.  1st Trimester and postpartum will be meeting at the pool on the 1st and 3rd Mondays now.  We did a few laps with kickboards to warm up and then we did some upper body strengthening with underwater dumbbells – we worked our biceps and triceps and deltoids and pecs.  We ran in a circle in the pool.  We put the dumbbells under our legs and kind of like sitting on them, we used our arms to go down the pool and back – try it – it’s not as easy as it sounds!!  We had a pretty good about 45 minute workout in the pool.  Then when we were done, since I had the day off from work, I got changed into running clothes and went and ran 2.77 miles in 29:35 on the track.  I would have gone farther, but I had a time constraint with an appointment at 0850.  So I got changed again and headed to my appointment – steroid injection for my keloid on my shoulder.  Probably one or two more and it will be flat. 

Then the "fun" began.  NOT.  I had an ultrasound scheduled for 1030 and I had to drink 16 ounces of water at 0900, 16 more at 0915, 16 more at 0930, and 16 more at 0945.  Yes, that’s an entire day’s worth of fluids in less than an hour.  But I needed a full bladder for the ultrasound.  I knew I couldn’t drink that much water, so I went to the shoppette and got a 32 oz. gatorade.  Much better.  And I got some breakfast at the new little bakery next to the shoppette.  Really good!!!  I had a book with me, so that helped kill the time.  After my last bit of fluids at 0945, I headed back to the clinic to the radiology department and got checked in.  WOW was I ever hurting by 1030.  I had to pee sooooooooooo bad.  But the ultrasound went pretty well and part way through I was able pee some – not all of it, but boy did I feel better after that.  The u/s tech was trying to find the baby’s heartbeat, but mine was too strong so she wasn’t able to get the little one.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but I do have to go back for a transvaginal u/s on Wednesday and they should be able to get the baby’s heartbeat that way.  

After that was done, I was finally able to enjoy the rest of my day off.  I went home and had a little bit of lunch and did my e-mail and other usual morning computer stuff.  And I was getting sleepy, so I took about a 45 minute nap.  During the rest of the afternoon, I got some stitching done before going to pick Robert up for soccer practice.  He had a lot of fun at practice – his coach is great with kids and always makes practice fun.  Then it was home to make chicken nuggets for supper.  We had grapes with them.  Then more stitching after Robert was in bed.

Today’s high:  89
Current:  76

Here’s our first picture of our little alien, as we’ve been calling the baby (remember, Ryan’s from Roswell, NM. . .)

2 thoughts on “PT. And more PT. And an appointment. And another appointment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s