Time to get caught up

This has been an interesting and tiring week trying to adjust to Ryan being gone, and by the time 9:00 rolled around at night, I was done.  So I’ll try and catch you up on this past week.

Monday – I was off from work as I had to bring Ryan to the Tucson airport.  We left a little after 0400 and headed to the airport.  We had planned on having breakfast together before he had to leave, but all the restaurants are past security so we couldn’t eat together.  Oh well.  I stopped at a gas station for gas and a couple of donuts and chocolate milk on my way home.  K had spent the night so someone would be with Robert when we left and she got him off to school.  When I got back into town, I headed to post to get my allergy shots.  Then I went home and did computer stuff for about 15 minutes before laying down to take a nap.  I slept for about an hour and a half and then headed, on the Harley, to the Legion for my first escort mission with the Patriot Guard Riders.  There weren’t very many bikes with flags, but that’s usually the case for escorts during the week when people have to work.  We met the family and funeral procession at the church and escorted them to the cemetery.  Then we did a flag line as they took the casket out of the hearse and also during military honors.  It was an honor to be able to do this.  After that was done, I relaxed for a while before picking Robert up for soccer practice.  After soccer was dinner and a little bit of stitching after he was in bed.

Tuesday – I brought Robert to Child Time on my way to 0700 formation for a ceremony.  The ceremony went well and then the rest of the day was spent doing admin work and a brass band rehearsal.  I had only had time to pack Robert’s lunch in the morning, so I went home for lunch and then rode the bike back in the afternoon.  After heading home to switch the bike for the van, I went and picked Robert up and then back out to post to do grocery shopping for the next couple of weeks.  Then it was home for dinner and a little bit of crocheting after Robert was in bed.

Wednesday – Our first REALLY early morning.  I have to be at PT by 0615, so Robert and I left for Child time about 0545 or so.  I sure hate waking him up that early.  I was supposed to give a PT test to a few of the Postpartum Soldiers, but they weren’t there.  So we did some stretching and then 2 sets of 20 each push ups and sit ups and then we went and did intervals on the track.  We pushed the pace on the straight sections and slow jog/walk the curves.  I went a little over 2.5 miles, but most of the girls didn’t make it that far.  After we were done on the track, I had to do height/weight/body fat taping for a few of the Soldiers.  I finally left about 0800.  Since I got done with PT 1/2 hour late, I was 1/2 hour late to work, but I had ok’ed it beforehand.  I rode the Harley to work again and that was nice.  I got more admin stuff done and I think we probably had a brass band rehearsal.  I finally got a little bit of stitching done during lunch again, and that was a nice break from the stress that’s been going on lately at work.  After work, I headed home to change my clothes and my vehicle and then I went and picked Robert up and headed to Texas Roadhouse, his choice for his birthday dinner.  K and B met us there and the 4 of us had a great time.  Lots of good food as well.  Robert got ice cream and got to sit on the saddle since it was his birthday.  After dinner, we headed home for a little bit before heading to the church for choir practice.  The choir sang Happy Birthday to him, but he didn’t like it very much.  Oh well!  He’ll live.  Once we got home, I pretty much went to bed right after I got Robert to bed.

Thursday – A normal school morning.  I slept until about 0630 or so, and Robert got up at 0700 and got ready for school.  It sure was nice walking him to school again.  After he was at school, I finished getting ready and headed to work.  The morning was spent in final preparation for my Soldier, DW, to go before the promotion board which was scheduled to start at 1300.  The first Soldier finally went in about 1330.  My Soldier was second (and last – only 2 went before the board this month) and he did AWESOME!!  I went in first, and the Command Sergeant Major asked me why I thought my Soldier should be promoted and looked through my Leader Book and then it was my Soldier’s turn to shine.  He knew a good many of the questions that were asked, and when all was said and done, he was recommended for promotion!  Now he just has to wait until he has enough promotion points to be promoted to Staff Sergeant.  Since I figured it would be a long afternoon, K picked Robert up from Child Time and got him home and ready for and to soccer practice.  I met them at the park where practice is held.  K and I chatted for a while and then she left to go to her softball game.  I got a little bit of crocheting done on a new baby blanket.  After practice, it was home for dinner, and then a little bit more crocheting after I got Robert to bed.

Friday – No work for me since it’s the first day of our 4-day weekend for Labor Day!  I got Robert off to school and then prepared to enjoy my "me day"!!  I went for a bike ride on the Harley, just to ride (although I did do a few errands first – like pay my rent and mail something at the Post Office).  It was a beautiful day for a ride.  After I got home, I played on my computer and just relaxed.  Then I went and picked Robert up from Child Time and we headed home for dinner.  After dinner, I let him play his new Wii game that he got for his birthday and I crocheted for a while.

Saturday – Yay!  Up to today!  Today was a "no alarm clock morning".  Robert was up before I was, and I was up shortly after 0800, but I laid in bed and read for a while before actually getting up.  I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and we just had a nice relaxing day.  We went to the rodeo on post this afternoon and that was a lot of fun.  There sure were some stubborn bulls, though.  Out of the 16 bull riders, only 5 managed to stay on for the full 8 seconds and get a score.  A couple of them didn’t even make it out of their chute on the bull.  And then some of the bulls didn’t want to go out of the arena.  It was a great afternoon.  When we got home, I took my crocheting out to the garage and watched Robert play with his hot wheels cars in the driveway for a while before we had dinner.  After dinner was more Wii playing and a long bath for him and more crocheting for me.  It’s been a good weekend so far.

Today’s high:  89
Current:  72

And I’ll leave you with a pic, even though many of you have seen it already.


2 thoughts on “Time to get caught up

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s