Music surrounded by working out

This morning I was up and out the door for a 10.66 mile bike ride.  It took me 51:58, a 12.3 mph average pace.  It was a little slow, but it was all downhill on the way out and then uphill on the way back.  There was a 360 foot elevation change between home and my turn around point.  But I was able to ride part of the course for my tri the end of the month, so now I know that I’ll have some gradual hill climbing to do.  It wasn’t that bad – I didn’t have to go below 3rd gear.  The worst part about the ride were the flying ants.  I had to ride through quite a few swarms of them – I just closed my mouth and looked down so they mostly hit on my helmet.  But they did get on me, and they stuck thanks to my sweat and the humidity.  YUCK!!!  But other than the flying ants, it was a great way to start the day.

Then it was off to work, dropping Robert off on the way.  We had a seated formation this morning and went right into a ceremonial music rehearsal for our ceremony on Friday.  Then we had Brass Quintet for the 2nd hour of the morning.  I got some stitching done at lunch, and finished a project other than the beads and I’ll do those on Friday.  After lunch, I met with First Sergeant to go over a bunch of NCO evaluation reports (NCOER), and started getting them all signed.  Then we had drill band to practice our marching for Friday’s ceremony.  That went really well, but it was HUMID out and I was wiped out after that.  But it was back to NCOERs and I was able to submit a good half dozen or so.  They are DONE.  We did so many that I lost count.  It’s good having those out of the way.  I finally left work a little before 1730 and headed home to change into running clothes and head to soccer with Robert.

While he played soccer, DC and I ran around the sports fields again.  We went 2.6 miles in 28:43, an 11:02 pace.  We were both pretty tired, and me especially for it being my 2nd workout of the day, plus an hour of drill band this afternoon.  It was still a good run, and we had a good time chatting the whole time we ran.  After soccer was done, Robert and I headed to the church where I had choir practice for Sunday’s service.  Rehearsal went well and then I was finally able to go home and eat dinner.  I was HUNGRY – I hadn’t eaten since lunch at 1130.  Now I’m going to bed because I’m about to fall asleep.

Today’s high:  84
Current:  75


One thought on “Music surrounded by working out

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s