Catching Up. . .

Sunday – We all went to church together, including Grandma and Aunt Carol.  That was sure nice all being together.  Robert sat up in the balcony as he likes to sit up there and watch Gramma play the organ.  Usually Ryan and/or I sit up there with him, but we wanted to sit with the family.  He was very well-behaved up there and Gramma sat with him during the sermon and she had the cutest little buddy when she came down for Communion.  The rest of Sunday was just spent relaxing.  I stitched and maybe crocheted.  Dad grilled kabobs for dinner and they were really good.

Monday – Memorial Day – We went to Rock (my parents’ hometown) for their Memorial Day Ceremony.  Before the ceremony, we had time to visit my mom’s parents’ graves, my dad’s grandparents’ graves, Grandpa Bob’s of course, and a few other relatives.  The ceremony was really nice, but sad as well as Grandpa Bob’s name was added to the roll call, and was also mentioned a second time when they talked about the last 3 charter members of the Rock American Legion Post that all passed away this past year.  Grandpa Bob was one of them.  I am 4th generation American Legion!  After the ceremony was done, the lady from the TV6 News interviewed me.  If you click the link below, you’ll get to see parts of the ceremony and then part of my interview is near the end.

Honoring Rock’s fallen soldiers

After the ceremony, we headed home and we were all pretty tired.  Robert, Ryan, and Dad all took naps in the afternoon, and I almost napped on the couch while stitching.  Grandma and Aunt Carol came over in the evening for hamburgers, brats, and hot dogs, and lots of leftover salads and stuff from the funeral lunch.  Then later in the evening, we had a campfire out in the front yard down by the lake.  We burned Mom’s old cupboards from the kitchen and lots of wood that has been sitting there for years.  It was a lot of fun, and we had s’mores as well.  Robert really enjoyed it and made us laugh with some of his comments.  Like when he went behind Ryan’s chair and I asked him what he was doing and he said "I’m getting my underwear out of my butt."  LOL  Out of the mouths of children. . .

Tuesday – We slept in.  I didn’t get up until around 1100 and that sure felt nice.  After a while we all went over to Grandma’s house to visit with her and Aunt Carol for a while.  I ran there and everyone else walked through the woods.  It was a nice run.  We had a nice visit for a while and then returned home.  I ran again, but went with the rest of the family through the woods.  I’d run up a ways and then turn around and come back and then go up and back.  It was a lot of fun.  In the evening we went to Marquette to celebrate Rick’s birthday early.  We went to dinner at Culver’s and then bowling.  It was a lot of fun bowling like we used to do when we were kids.  Even Aunt Carol bowled and she had a great time!  Robert bowled an 80 in his second game!!  I think I got around a 145 in my second game and 80-something in my first.

Wednesday – I slept in again, but not as late.  The morning was spent doing computer stuff and then after lunch, Mom and I went to Marquette for a Girls’ Day Out.  We went to the mall and dropped off our rings to be cleaned at the jewelers and then we went to Kohl’s.  We both got some stuff, including 2 new sun dresses for me so I don’t have to keep wearing the same 2 or 3 over and over again this summer.  And both the dresses I got have pockets!!  Bonus!!  After we were done shopping, we went back and got our rings and then headed to her stitching store for an evening stitching time.  We ordered dinner and ate and stitched for almost 3 hours.  It was a lot of fun, and the ladies are always glad to see me home.  We had sauna when we got home, and that’s always a relaxing way to end the day.

Today – After saying goodbye to Rick, who had to head home today,  I went for a 5.06 mile run to start off my day.  It took me 57:08, an average pace of 11:18.  It was an awesome run and didn’t even feel like almost an hour!  After I had gotten changed, Mom, Ryan, Robert, and I headed to McFarland to my aunt and uncle’s house/farm to see their cows.  They have lots of really cute calves as well and Robert enjoyed seeing them.  We had to ride 4 wheelers to where they were and Robert thought that was fun, and then when we came out from where the cows were, all the babies were following Robert.  It was really cute.  I got some pictures of them, but they’re still on my camera.  After we got back to the house, Ryan took Robert out on the 4 wheeler a little more, just up and down Aunt Pris’ driveway.  Then we went over to see Amanda and the kids for a little bit, but they were already napping.  We did have fun playing with Dora the dog, though.  

Once we were home, we relaxed and played for a while, and then Ryan and I took Mom and Dad out to dinner at Tailwinds on Sawyer.  That was a good dinner.  Ryan had all-you-can eat riblets and he said they were VERY good.  He had 3 plates and took a plate full home for lunch tomorrow.  Then we came home and had ice cream for dessert.  I got some boxes packed to mail some of our stuff home – 4 boxes since we have limited space because of flying.  I crocheted more (I also crocheted in the car while driving places today) and am close to finishing another baby blanket.

Today’s high:  68
Current:  59


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s