I am certified!

This morning I was up early as those of us in the PPPT EL course attended PPPT this morning to observe and participate.  We did a form of yoga where you are seated on a chair.  Well, it wasn’t really yoga and we didn’t have chairs so it didn’t work very well, but it did give some good stretching.  After PT was over, I headed home for breakfast and to get my stuff for the rest of the day.  We were back at our classroom at 0900 and we went over our test.  I got 100% on it!  Then we played a little bit of Jeopardy with EL course topics and then we got a long lunch – 2 1/2 hours instead of 1 1/2.  I stitched for an hour while I was home.  After lunch, we met up at the pool.  Our pool on post is REALLY nice and the water was a decent temperature.  We did about 45 minutes of water aerobics, and let me tell you.  If you have never done water aerobics, you get quite the workout!!  It felt so good to be back in a pool.  After we were done with the aerobics, we had about 45 minutes until we were going to do end of course evaluations – right at the pool.  So I took my PT uniform off (yes, we were in the water in PT t-shirts and shorts, but I had my swimsuit under it) and swam laps for a little while.  I did maybe 1000 yards.  It felt great!!  Then I went and got dried off and changed into dry PTs and did the course eval.  Then our graduation was at 1500 outside.  We all got our certificates and a few other things.  It was also announced that I had scored the ONLY 100% in the class.  I was really surprised as it was a take-home open-book test.  Once we were done with that, we were done and I headed home.  I did some laundry and played on my computer.  After Ryan got home from his VA appointment in Tucson, we went and picked Robert up and went to Lowe’s to get a bigger pot and a plant hanger for my spider plant and then to the Legion for their monthly steak dinner.  Ryan had won two free steak dinners so we only had to pay for Robert’s dinner.  It was really good and we got tons of food between the good-sized steak, a baked potato, beans (I gave Ryan mine), and a roll.  And we had had salad to start off with.  Once we got home, we played for a while and read books and then after Robert was in bed, I stitched.  And I finished Lady of the Flag.  I started on her on 1 Jan 2004 and now, 262.75 hours later, she is DONE!!!  Pics are below.

Today’s high:  60
Current:  46

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Detail of the top. . .
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

and the bottom. . .
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

One thought on “I am certified!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s