BQ, more BQ, and Desert Swing Big Band

This morning was a typical morning – pack lunches, make breakfast, walk Robert to school, finish getting ready for work.  I headed to work and after formation I had a little bit of time for admin work before Brass Quintet rehearsal.  We started rehearsal about 1030 and went until lunchtime.  Then I ate and stitched.  I finished another little project I’ve been working on.  After lunch the "fun" began.  I had to do some paperwork.  The Brass Quintet found out that we will be going TDY to Phoenix tomorrow to play at a couple of schools.  Another group was supposed to go but they are not now.  I went and brought the paperwork to where it needed to go.  Then we had another BQ rehearsal.  Then I still had admin work to do and I wanted to get it done so I didn’t have to worry about it tomorrow.  I finally left work shortly after 5 and barely made it to the gas station.  My van was kind of empty – showing only 2 miles to empty.  Oops!  But I made it and got gas, and then to get Robert from Child Time.  I had called home and asked Ryan to start dinner, so that was almost ready when Robert and I got home.  We did have time to do his valentines for his class party on Thursday.  Since I’m going to be gone, I wanted to be a part of it, so we did them tonight.  Dinner was really good and then it was off to the Knights of Columbus hall for rehearsal with the Desert Swing Big Band.  They asked me to sub on 2nd trombone for their gig this Friday night and tonight was my only rehearsal.  Rehearsal went well – my sight reading was not bad at all.  We didn’t rehearse all the tunes, so I’ll be doing some sight reading during the gig Friday night.  It’ll be ok, though.  After rehearsal was done, the band leader asked me to be full time with the group!!  I’m going to have to think on that, though, and I told him I’d let him know Friday at the gig.  It would definitely be good for me for my playing, and especially my jazz playing.  But it would also leave me less time with my family and my cross stitching.  What to do. . .  Now that I’m home, I’m ready for bed.  It’s been a LONG day.

Today’s high:  51
Current;  39


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s