Allergy Test and a day in Tucon

It was an early morning for all of us.  I got Robert’s lunch packed and Ryan and I dropped him off at Child Time on our way to Tucson.  We stopped in Benson for breakfast at McDonald’s.  We got to my allergist place an hour early, but I had my stitching and a magazine, so I didn’t mind waiting.  They did get me in early and that was nice.  I had 47 pricks on my back to test allergens.  5 of those came back positive and the remaining 42 got to be done on my arms with a little different kind of test.  It was almost like a TB test where they put a small amount of something right under the skin.  After each part of the test, I had to wait about 20 minutes for the stuff to cause the reactions, so I got a lot read in my Runner’s World magazine.  All in all, I’m allergic to 3 kinds of grass (none of which are in Arizona), dust (and that was the worst reaction – I still have a huge spot on my arm), and possibly dogs.  Dogs and cats can sometimes cause false positives if you are in contact with them all the time.  So most likely I’m allergic to dogs since I’m not in contact with them.  Cats came back positive also, but he said that’s most likely a false positive since I’m around my cats all the time and they don’t bother me.  No trees.  No weeds.  No molds.  After I was done with the tests and talking about the results with the doctor, I sat in the waiting room and stitched until Ryan came back from his first VA appointment.  Then we went back to the VA for his 2nd appointment, during which he got his C-PAP machine and learned about it and how to use it and stuff.  It was very informative and I’m glad I was able to be there as well.  

Once we were done there, we were finally able to get to Waffle House for lunch.  I was HUNGRY.  I had a really good waffle.  Once we were done eating, we headed to the Rock & Gem Show to look around for a little while.  Ryan got a geode.  He did this to make up for missing his Geology class today.  His instructor had okay’ed it.  Our next stop was Michaels so I could get some DMC floss for a new project I’m starting and also some yarn for a baby blanket.  Then we finally headed home.  K picked Robert up from Child Time and took him home and was playing Mario Kart with him when we got home.  They both had a great time.  Once home, Ryan went to Target to get a new pillow and some distilled water and Robert and I read his books from school.  And I made him a peanut butter & jelly sandwich for dinner.  After he was in bed, I crocheted for a little while.

Today’s high:  57
Current:  46


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s