A ceremony, a skit, a feast, formation, a nap, choir, and church

This morning I had to leave a little early so I wasn’t able to walk Robert to school. He didn’t need lunch packed, so that freed up a tiny bit of my morning time. I was in Class A uniform when I left and headed to the little chapel where the Brass Quintet played for a graduation ceremony. After the ceremony was done, I headed home to change and then Ryan and I headed to Robert’s school to watch his class’ skit. All the kids were super cute and they all did a really good job with their lines. Robert stood tall and proud when he said "The Indians brought corn for the Pilgrims." I had planned on videoing the whole thing but about 3 kids in, my batteries on my camera died. Luckily Ryan had his camera also, so he got most of it on video. Then after the kids were done, they went back to their classroom to take off their "costumes" and then they went out for recess. Four moms (including me) and a dad helped set up for the Thanksgiving feast – we poured apple juice, and put turkey, rolls, applesauce, nuts, and carrots on their plates, and one of the other moms and I cut the pumpkin pies and got the pieces on the plates. Then the kids came back in from recess and got their hands washed and sat down at the table. Their teacher went around the room and each child had to say something they were thankful for – Robert said "I’m thankful for my Mommy and my Daddy." Then they got to eat – and I had to leave so I could get back to post for our safety briefing and release formation.

I was at work for maybe 20 minutes or so before heading home again. I had planned on going for a run, but I listened to my body instead and took a nap – a 2-3 hour nap. I hope I can sleep tonight. I felt a lot better when I woke up though, so that’s a good thing. After my nap, I played on my computer for a little bit and then went and got Robert from school. He had another "toilet incident" (aka potty accident) and is no longer allowed to go to Kids World. They have a 3 strikes policy, and he already had his 3rd strike a few weeks ago. I talked to the director and he was allowed back in with the stipulation that if he had another accident, he couldn’t attend again until 1st grade. So he’s done with that. I don’t necessarily agree with their policy – kindergartners are going to have accidents once in a while. Luckily there’s a daycare about a mile from our house that does before and after school care, and they have a bus that picks up the kids after school. It’s more expensive, but it’s pretty much our only option. So Robert and I went there to check it out and got the application forms and everything. It’s a really nice place and I think he’ll do well there. One of his friends from school goes there, so he already has one friend and I know he’ll make more with no problem. Once we were done there, we went to McDonald’s for a quick dinner before heading to the church. I had choir practice at 1800 and then Thanksgiving Eve church service at 1900. Robert was very good during both rehearsal and the service (Ryan had a Legion meeting, so that’s where he was) and the choir members all complimented me and him on his behavior.

Then it was home to get Robert to bed and then I crocheted for a little bit. I need to go to bed now, too, but I need to be tired first. Darn nap.

Today’s high: 66
Current: 53

Click here for Pictures of Robert’s Thanksgiving Skit and Feast

Turn your volume UP so you can hear the kids.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s