Rainy days are made for Relaxing

It rained today – pretty much all day. We all slept in this morning – Robert was up sometime after 8 or so (he wasn’t up when I woke up at 8 and heard it pouring and I wasn’t going to run in that so I rolled over and went back to sleep), I got up about 10, and Ryan got up about 11. Robert and I had breakfast and watched cartoons and I did computer stuff. Once Ryan was up and had had breakfast and did his computer stuff, we headed to the park even though it was raining. They had Art in the Park in Veteran’s Memorial Park here in town today (and it continues tomorrow). It said in the paper that this is Arizona’s largest Arts & Crafts show. There were over 100 vendors, including our church organist, F, who does face painting. We stopped and chatted with her and her husband for a while. There were lots of neat items there, and some metalwork stuff that we would have loved to have bought, but they were really expensive. There was pretty much "the usual" craft show stuff – jewelry, wood stuff, metal stuff, paintings/prints, fabric/yarn crafts – but of course there was a lot of southwest designs in things. There were lots of people there despite the on and off rain showers. We ate lunch there and when we were done, we headed to Sierra Cycles (another motorcycle place in town) and got Ryan a bag for his bike and ordered me a helmet. I need an XXS, and they didn’t have any of the style we wanted in stock. It should be here by the end of the week, and then I can ride with Ryan once in a while. Then it was home to just relax for the rest of the day. We played and watched TV and did computer stuff. I made spaghetti for dinner, and as I was cooking, Robert complained that his tummy was hurting again. I took his temp and it was 102.5. I gave him some Children’s Motrin and excused him from eating dinner if he didn’t want to. He didn’t, and he loves my spaghetti, so you know he’s not feeling good. He did eat a Gatorade slushy I had made (semi-frozen gatorade in a small container), so that’s good. After we got cleaned up from dinner, he went to bed and pretty much went right to sleep. I hope he’s feeling better tomorrow. After he was in bed, I stitched on Lady of the Flag. I have 236.75 hours into her now, and I finished up the metallic floss on the bottom half. Next time I work on her, I’ll start on the beads on the bottom half, and once those are done, I’ll finish up her top half with metallics and beads. There’s a current picture of her at the bottom.

Today’s high: 66
Current: 61

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s