Empty house

We were up early again this morning.  Robert and I walked down to the Farmer’s Market and got some Amish cinnamon rolls and some fresh strawberries for breakfast.  Those cinnamon rolls were GOOOOOD!!!  And the strawberries were super juicy.  Great breakfast.  The moving company was here all day and got all the boxes and furniture and everything out of our house and loaded on the truck before it rained.  It took 11 crates for all of our stuff, but by the head guy’s (the owner of the company actually) estimate, we’ll be under our allowed 11,000 pounds.  Robert had fun playing with a ball of tape that one of the guys made for him.  The crew was very efficient and professional.  I vacuumed all the carpets in the house and then they put the vacuum on the truck as well.  Then we waited around for a little while for the lady from the cleaning company to stop by.  In the meantime I took a walk up to Kinney Drug on the corner.  Robert ended up with a slightly bleeding boo-boo on his foot and of course, we were out of the small size band-aids.  So I went and bought some more and then took care of his boo-boo.  The lady came and walked through our house and gave us the estimate to clean everything, includidng shampooing the carpets and doing all the windows inside and out.  To us it’s worth it to pay to have someone come in and do a thorough cleaning of the house – one less thing we have to worry about.

Then we went and picked up the cats from being kenneled at the vet.  Boy were they not happy when they saw everything in the house was gone – no more hiding under the bed for them.  We headed out to post because I had to do a little bit of Government Travel Card stuff on my work computer, and while I was doing that, Ryan and Robert went to the Army Community Services (ACS) building to get some stuff from their lending closet.  Of course, they didn’t have folding chairs or tables.  After a stop at Burger King for supper, we went to Walmart and got some camp chairs for something to sit on in our house, an air mattress for me and Ryan since we’re sleeping on the floor for the next 11 nights, and some other stuff.  House is empty so now we had to fill it back up.  LOL  Not really.  We didn’t buy that much stuff.

Now it’s off to bed.  Tomorrow is going to be another long day.

Today’s high:  77
Current:  64

Here’s a little video of Robert playing my euphonium yesterday after the packer left.  It looks like a tuba when he holds it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s