Filipino Food, Country Night, and then today

Yesterday was a pretty good day.  We didn’t have Quintet rehearsal so I went and practiced on my own for about an hour.  We had a salsa horn rehearsal to end the day and that went well.  It went quick, too – usually I end up checking the clock several times, but the time just flew by and before you knew it it was time for a 10 minute break.  Then same thing after break – pretty soon it was time to go home.

I had been invited to a Filipino dinner by a few friends of mine.  They picked me up and went out to where it was being held (still within our base complex).  There must have been 50 or 60 or so Filipinos there – and me.  I think I was the only non-Filipino.  They had a ton of traditional Filipino food and it was all really good.  After everyone had eaten their fill, they played  few games and those were fun to watch.  I didn’t understand a lot of what was going on because they were speaking a lot in Tagalog (their language).  They spoke some in English, too, and my friends explained to me what was going on.  Then they put music on and everyone was dancing – can you say 80’s pop music??  Oh my – some of the songs I hadn’t heard in probably 20 years if not longer.    After we had stayed for a while, we headed to country night.  DV has been to country night many times – that’s where we met, but MT hadn’t been before, so we got to try and teach her some of the line dances and two-step and stuff.  She did pretty good.  It was fun as always.

This morning we had Brass Quintet rehearsal and that was good.  Our tuba player JG is back from leave so we have the full quintet again.  During lunch I finished stitching the little project I’ve been working on – I’ll get a picture posted soon when the internet cooperates.  After lunch I did computer stuff and then we had ceremonial band rehearsal at 1500.  That lasted about 1/2 hour and then it was just kill time until 1700.  After details were done, I headed up to the chapel for Joyful Noez rehearsal.  Rehearsal went well and was actually pretty short this evening.  Of course, we kind of missed our prayer circle time – oops.  After rehearsal we headed to the chow hall for dinner and I was home shortly after 2000!  I’m heading to bed early tonight.

Today’s high:  77
Current:  70 and blowing dust

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s