The Weekend

Saturday was a much better day than Friday.  We had Brass Quintet rehearsal all morning and that went well.  I ate lunch with my friend CR and a few officers he works with – it was nice seeing them all again, and eating with them always provides much laughs from the conversation.  Once I got back to my office, I had a little bit of time to stitch.  Then we had a mission brief for our mission on Sunday.  Then I went to the Post Office and mailed a box home to myself, stopped by my room to pick up my body armor and helmet and brought those back to the band hall and then went to the chaplain’s office to talk to my friend TD and sign for the room we use for Prayer Shawl Ministry.  Then it was back to the band hall to get my body armor set up and ready for the mission.  At the end of the day,  I ate dinner and then home to stitch.  Only I didn’t get much stitching in – about 1/2 hour.  I was TIRED – hence the reason for no blog.  I was in bed by 2030 – with the light on and my roommate watching TV on her side of the room.

Sunday morning was an early morning for my day off.  I stopped at the chow hall for breakfast on my way to formation.  After formation, and a check of all our equipment, we loaded our equipment on the truck and got on the bus and headed to the helo-pad for our Blackhawk flight to the International Zone (IZ – formerly known as the Green Zone).  We had a change of command ceremony to play at in the late afternoon.  We were there all day.  I had brought a stitching project with me and would have had plenty of time to stitch – had I brought  a needle with me.  Darn it!  At least I had a book with me as well, so I had something to do anyways.  The ceremony went well, and we got coins for it.  Then began the fun of getting back.  We’re out at the helo-pad waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting.  Our flight ended up being on weather hold where it was coming from.  So a back up flight was arranged, and that ended up on weather hold as well.  FINALLY, a flight arrived for us shortly before 0200.  Only 6 hours late.  We finally get back to Camp Victory and were able to get home.  In the process of everything, I managed to lose my wedding ring.  Not my real one – it was for this reason that I didn’t bring my real one over here.  But it was my stand-in one that I really liked and have worn for the past 9 months.  We looked for it a little when I noticed it was missing, but I don’t know if it was there or here that I lost it.  So now I have a "naked" finger.  😦  Because it was nearly 0300 when I got home last night (this morning?) I didn’t do a blog.  I chatted with Ryan for a bit and then I went to bed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s