Terrific Tuesday

I was up and ready to run this morning – 5 miles to include the ONE hill that we have here.  But alas, my running buddy didn’t show up again.  I think I’m just going to start running by myself.  I did go back to bed after waiting for him for 15 minutes, but that was because I didn’t sleep well overnight and I tossed and turned until about 3 or 3:30.  Of course, by going back to bed, I got up late and didn’t get breakfast and had to rush – like run partway – to get to formation on time.  But I made it, and I wasn’t the last one there either.

After formation I took care of some supply stuff – got my containers updated in the system for the month, got ADO stuff done to the point where I’m ready to start entering the orders for the month.  I’m still waiting on a few order forms, but they should be to me tomorrow.  That took pretty much all morning and then I went to lunch.  Yes, to lunch.  I’m not skipping lunch any more.  So I’m back to my tuna sandwich with swiss cheese, mixed peppers (red, yellow, and green), and onions, and grilled, and I had some carrots with it and a can of V-8 and a carton of skim milk to drink.  I ate with my friend TD.  When we were done eating, I headed home to turn my laundry in, but since I had a little bit of time, I tucked in a few ends on the baby blanket I finished last week.  Then it was back to work.

At 1300 we had the premier of a suicide prevention video that one of the guys in our unit put together.  He does a lot of videos and does a really good job with them.  Our Battalion Commander was in attendance for the premier and he gave a coin to the video producer afterwards.  The the BN CO talked to us for a while about stuff and then I headed to my office for a little while before heading home to change into PTs to go for a run.  Yes, I ran during the duty day!  It was a much-needed break for me.  I ran 3.53 miles in 34:20, a 9:43 pace.  Not bad for running by myself again.  It was absolutely beautiful this afternoon and that run felt great!  Once I got back to the area where I live, I did walking lunges for about 200+ feet.  I’m really going to feel that tomorrow.  I need to make sure I stretch good before bed tonight.

After I changed into clean PTs, I headed back to work for a last e-mail check and see if I was needed for anything.  Not needed and no e-mail, so I left and headed to the chow hall for dinner.  One of my country night friends, RP, came in shortly after I did, so he joined me and we had a nice chat for dinner.  Then I headed home and I crocheted for a while until it was time to head to the MWR for line dance lessons, which I help teach.  I got there and the guy that runs the lessons wasn’t there.  TD, RP, and I were the only ones for a while and then PP and A showed up.  So we just hung out and chatted for a while and then we went home.  PP had a truck, so he gave me a ride.  That was nice since I’m the only one that lives out where I live – someone that lives close would have had to walk me home.

So now I’m home early and I’m going to crochet for a bit before I head to bed.

Today’s high:  59
Current:  48

2 thoughts on “Terrific Tuesday

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s