Rainy Tuesday

I woke up to the sounds of rain on my roof this morning.  I had a nice chat with Ryan while I was getting ready, and I actually left in enough time to get breakfast this morning!!  The guards outside the chow hall told me they had missed me – when you’ve been deployed for 7 1/2 months, the guards get to know you.  One of them remembers my name and as I’m walking up I’ll hear "Hi Yearicks".  Another just calls me Staff Sergeant and I’ll get "Good morning Staff Sergeant."  

After breakfast, it was off to formation and then to my office for the morning.  I did an e-mail interview about collecting can tabs so that should be in the Mountain View soon.  Remember my friend DG?  Her daughter’s school is collecting can tabs and each gallon of can tabs pays for a cancer treatment for a child at a local (in El Paso, TX) hospital.  I finally got cans to collect the can tabs up in the 10th Mountain chow hall to keep collecting them for DG.  That actually took a good part of the morning e-mailing back and forth – the initial questions, and then some follow-up questions, and then some follow-ups to those.  Then I stitched through lunch.  After lunch I went and put a little over an hour in on my trombone – couldn’t do much more as I still had a bit of my headache from last night.  Then it was to my office for a bit to check e-mails and stuff, and then I went to Green Beans and got a quadruple white hot chocolate (2 actually) and I headed to the Chaplain’s office to bring TD one and chat with him for a little while.  Then it was back to work and we had an informational formation and I finished up some paperwork and then the day was done.

I headed to dinner and was home and in the shower before 1800!!  I got some crocheting done on the baby blanket I’m working on, and then I headed up to the MWR to help teach the line dancing.  We only did a few dances this week, but we did them more to help people learn them better.  We show the steps slowly, breaking it down into smaller groups of steps.  Then the whole thing.  Then to the music 2 or 3 times.  We did 3 or 4 line dances, and then we also taught waltz and cha-cha.  It’s a lot of fun, but boy was I tired by the end.  It ‘s a good tired though!  It did try to rain a little, but it wasn’t too bad.

Now I’m home and heading to bed so I can get up and run in the morning.

Today’s high:  66
Current:  59

2 thoughts on “Rainy Tuesday

  1. The dance lessons sound like so much fun! When we get together for whatever race we’re going to do, we should also make sure to put some line dancing in there somewhere (I’ve never been!)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s