Happy Halloween!!

And Happy Birthday Aunt Carol!

Today was PT test day. We got started at 0530 at the band hall with the pushups and situps. I did 32 pushups (83%) – my worst ever, 60 situps (81%) – one of my worst ever, and ran my 2 miles in 18:14 (83%) – not bad. I haven’t really been training like I should have and then I’ve been sick for the past week and a half, plus my hurt foot from last week. So overall, I can’t complain about my 247 – my lowest score in about 4 years. But I still passed everything sick or not, so that’s always a good thing! After we were done with the test, we were done until 1000, so after a shower to get all the mud off my legs and a little bit of computer stuff, I went back to bed for a little over an hour. Longer would have been nice, but work was waiting. We were back in at 1000. After formation we had our monthly urinalysis and I was the female observer. Only one female was testing, so it wasn’t bad. And I just hung out in my office doing work until she was ready to "donate". The morning went by really quickly and soon it was lunchtime/stitching time.

After lunch we had a Halloween party and could wear costumes if we wanted. Of course, I didn’t find out about the party until too late to come up with a costume, so I just went as a Soldier – as most of the unit did. We had some games – bobbing for apples, toilet paper mummies (2 teams – Team Top and Team Chief (I was on Team Top) – wrapped our commander and 1SG up in toilet paper and other stuff – we used a kevlar helmet, goggles, PT belts, gloves, and TONS of tp – and after our 5 minutes were up the judges picked which team did a better job of "dressing" their "mummy" – our team won and our prize was that we got to wrap up all the members of the other team into mummies. It was a ton of fun!), and a balloon pop where they had balloons tied to their ankles with strings and they had to try and pop everyone elses balloons without getting their own popped. 1SG ended up winning that one. I didn’t participate, but it was a ton of fun watching everyone who did participate. Then they showed a couple of scary Halloween-ish movies, but I didn’t go watch them. They turned off all the lights and it was too dark to stitch. I can’t just sit and watch a movie, and I’m not really into scary movies anyway. So I spent the rest of the afternoon in my office catching up on e-mail and paperwork.

This evening was Joyful Noez rehearsal, and it sure was great being back with them and singing again. We have a great set for this week. The only downside of the evening was that since I was already sick, singing made it worse and I had NO voice left by the end of rehearsal. We got to the chow hall about 10 minutes before they closed and I had my usual Friday night shrimp, and I had my first dish of ice cream in 3 weeks!! That tasted really good – I had given up ice cream for a while because I was worried about the weigh in yesterday. Weigh in and PT test are over, so I could have ice cream again. We had good conversation over our dinner, and then J gave me a ride home as he had a truck and no one was walking my way this week. He’s a a really nice guy, and we talked about our spouses and families on the drive home.

Off to bed now as I can’t sleep in tomorrow like I thought I could. Stay tuned tomorrow to find out why. . . 🙂

Today’s High: 66
Current: 59

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s