The Rainy Season has Begun

I was off this morning so I just slept until my body said it was time to get up – which was around 0945 or so.  The power was out in my room when I got up, so I couldn’t get online right away.  They were cleaning the generators.  I crocheted for a while and then the power came back on so I was able to do e-mail and stuff like that.  I finally got ready and headed to work for 1300.  Through the mud.  It rained some this morning again.  I need to remember to bring my good boots to work to leave there so I can change out of my muddy ones at the back door.  At least it wasn’t too bad today and I was able to clean my boots off at the door before I went in.  I spent the afternoon catching up on my e-mails and ADO stuff and other supply things.  It’s amazing how many e-mails can come in in just 4 days.  At 1600 we had to be at the Honor Chapel for an EO class on the Prevention of Sexual Harassment.  Our mandatory quarterly training.  At least once the class was done, we were done for the day.  I came home and did computer stuff and crocheted for a while before heading back for dinner at 1830.  I met up with my friend SB for our last dinner together.  He is going home as his deployment has come to an end.  We sat and talked over dinner for almost an hour and then we headed to the chapel so I could get a picture of the two of us together.  It was a sad goodbye with much hugging and a few tears on my part.  He’s a great friend, and he really helped me get through my tough times with my softball injury.  I’m going to miss him, but this is such a small Army I’m sure we’ll see each other again sometime.  And we’ll be in touch via e-mail.  I’m happy that he’s getting to go home to his wife and son and parents and I wish him good flights and safe travels.

I spent the evening chatting with friends, playing on my computer, and crocheting on a prayer shawl.  I had to take a break from Christmas presents so I could meet all my stitching and crocheting goals for the month – this one being to finish 2 skeins of yarn on my current prayer shawl.  I finally got the second skein done (it had been started already) about 2330.  Now I need to get to bed as it’s midnight.

Today’s high:  71
Current:  63

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s