Friday Fun

It was a typical morning.  Get up, get ready, drop off laundry, breakfast at the chow hall, and then off to formation.  After formation, I headed to my office and started going through e-mails.  It seems like everyone e-mails me after I’ve gone home for the day.  And I wrote down some notes in my notebook, stuff to discuss at our supply leadership meeting.  Once SFC E got back from the weekly supply meeting at Battalion, we had our supply leadership meeting with SFC E, SGT G, and myself.  We did some reorganizing of the personnel in the supply shop and made a clear list of what everyone’s duties are.  That meeting took until lunch, but it was very productive, and us 3 in the leadership positions are happy with the results.  I did a little bit of work at lunch because I thought of something from my PBUSE class last week that I wanted to try.  I need to play around with it more to see if I can get it to do what I want it to do.  Then I stitched for the rest of lunch time.

After lunch I went to the medical clinic and got my #5 Anthrax shot.  Only one more to go of the initial series and then it will be just an annual booster.  They want you to wait for 20 minutes after you get shot to make sure you’re not going to have any reactions, so I took my book out and read for 20 minutes.  The medic that stuck me commented on my preparedness.  First I had my paper shot record (which I guess is becoming obsolete, but I still use mine anyway), so he updated that.  And then I had a paperback book in my pocket for something to do while I waited.  I’m amazed at the number of people who haven’t thought about putting a paperback or small puzzle book in their cargo pocket.  Once I was done at the clinic, I headed back to my office and played around in PBUSE some more to pass the afternoon.  I did do a couple of documents to change the serial number on one item (it was posted on the property book one number off) and to add serial numbers to a couple of items that needed them.  We had a formation at 1600 to promote MM from Private to Private First Class.  It’s always a good day when a Soldier gets promoted.  Then we were done for the day after details.  I had one last thing to finish up on my computer, and then I headed home to change into PTs.

And then it was back to the chapel for Joyful Noez rehearsal.  Even though I won’t be singing on Sunday because I’ll be out of the area for a few days, I enjoyed rehearsal.  And tonight would be my last time singing with my friend SB.  Sunday is his last Sunday and he’ll be heading home.  So it was kind of a sad rehearsal as well.  Me and K (can’t think of his last name right now) went to Pizza Hut with the money we collected from everyone and we got 6 pizzas to take back to the chapel.  We had planned on eating out at the picnic tables by Pizza Hut, but it was really windy and dusty out so that wouldn’t have been much fun.  So we had a great time eating at the chapel and talking.  This is such a great group of friends, and I’m really going to miss SB – and others that are leaving in the next few weeks.  We hung out for quite a while at the chapel, and then I headed home and I crocheted on a Christmas present for a little while.  Well, I thought it was a little while, but now that I’m looking at the time. . .  yikes!  LOL

I’d better get to bed.

Today’s high:  91
Current:  79 (and it feels GREAT!!)

One thought on “Friday Fun

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s