Rehearsal, Driving around, and a Long Lost Friend

I slept in this morning instead of running.  I actually felt rested when I did wake up about 0720 though, so that’s a good thing.  I got ready and headed to breakfast and then formation.  After formation, I did a little bit of work on my computer and then we had ceremonial band rehearsal at 1030.  That was pretty short, so after rehearsal I took my horn and my Rochut Etude book and went back to my practice area and played etudes for about 45 more minutes to get in my practice time for the day.  It was into lunchtim when I finished and I went back and answered a few e-mails that needed my attention and then I stitched.

After lunch I handed out the ADO orders to the Jazz Combo as they’re back from their mission to Kuwait.  Then when the truck got back, I signed that out and headed out.  Our truck is a 2008 Ford F-150.  I love driving it!  I headed over to one of the neighboring camps to go to DRMO – the place where we turn stuff in that is no longer serviceable.  I had a guitar, a guitar amp, and a power console (sound system thing) that are all unserviceable and I got those turned in.  Well, talk about an adventure. . .  I had a really good map of how to get to DRMO, except that there was road construction and the road was closed.  I found a place and they were able to draw me a map from where I was to where I needed to be.  I followed that map and still ended up doing a little extra driving around because I had missed one of my turns.  I finally found the place after about an hour of driving and then I was only there about 15 minutes to do the paperwork and turn the stuff in.  I got back to the band hall much quicker.  But at least they’re turned in.  Now I just have to get the turn-in documents to our Property Book Officer at Battalion (I did stop by there on my way back, but she wasn’t in) and they’ll come off our property book. 

Once back to the band hall, I had a "fire" to "put out".  We had some scopes that I remembered from Ft. Drum before we left, but I haven’t seen them since.  I didn’t think they had come with us, but I found them finally in an unmarked tuff box.  I got them inventoried, the tuff box locked, and an e-mail sent to the right places regarding them.  So that situation really isn’t a situation now.  And then I did my monthly counseling on my Soldier – just a how she’s doing, goals for next month kind of counseling.

At 1700 I headed off to D’s room, and then she and I went to get BD from her room.  She’s been having a rough month leading up to today (lost her mom a year ago today) and so she had the day off from work and slept most of the day to be alone, but we got her for dinner and went and about 7 or 8 of us from Joyful Noez got together and we all had pizza and fun.  BD really appreciated it and was glad for all of our friendship.  Shortly after 1900 I headed home and got to my stitching for the evening.  I actually accomplished all my goals for the month – one of my cross stitch message boards we set stitching goals each month, and this is the first month at least since I’ve been here that I accomplished all of them!  While I was stitching, I chatted with my battle buddy from basic training!  I don’t think I’ve talked to her much if at all since we graduated 9 years ago (7 Oct 99 is when we graduated).  It was really cool catching up with her!

Off to bed now. . .

Today’s High:  91
Current:  80 (10:45 p.m.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s