Oops, I forgot it

I started off the morning (and the week) with a 3.66 mile run in 37:12.  Not a bad pace, but still slower than I’d like to be.  By the time I leave here, I’d like to be able to run this route in 35 minutes or less.  I know I can do it, I just have to keep at it.  It’s helping that it’s cooler in the mornings as well – it was only 80 this morning when I left out.  Then it was the usual – shower/change/chat with Ryan/do e-mail/etc. before heading to breakfast.  After breakfast it was off to formation.  I spent the morning in my office – I cleaned my desk, found some paperwork that had gotten buried but needed to be taken care of, shredded a bunch of stuff I don’t need and then I finished up some paperwork that I need to turn in, got the required signature on it, and some other stuff.  Pretty soon it was lunchtime!  I stitched for a little over an hour today and I didn’t even require a nap, so that was a good thing.

Then after lunch I headed over to turn in documents at three different places.  The first one was for Theater Provided Equipment (stuff that was left here for us by the previous unit).  I took care of all that, got copies of the stuff I turned in and left to head to the next place.  That’s when I realized my back left pocket was empty.  That’s not a good thing because that’s the pocket I carry my wallet in.  And if my wallet wasn’t in my pocket, that meant I didn’t have my ID card and therefore could not go to the other 2 offices I had planned on going to to turn in documents.  There’s a checkpoint you have to go through and you have to have your ID card to go through said checkpoint.  Darn it.  So I headed back to the band hall where I found my ID card still in my computer and me still logged on.  I usually check before I leave places, and I don’t know what happened today other than OOPS.

Once I got back, I made a list of all the Soldiers that received ADO packages today, and then I headed out back to my practice spot and I spent an hour and a half on my trombone practicing my Brass Quintet music.  Stage Band had been cancelled and there was a note on the board for MST Bravo to IP (Individual Practice).  So I did.  And I’m glad I did!  Shortly before 1600 I put my horn away and went back to my office to start handing out ADO orders.  I had put a note on the board that Soldiers could come check with me between 1600 and 1700 to see if they received a package today.  I managed to take care of all but 1 package that way (other than Soldiers on leave or out on a mission).  It was a very productive afternoon and early evening (I didn’t leave work until 1730, but it’s ok).  When I got to the chow hall and sat down for dinner, boy that felt good.  And then I realized that I had been on my feet since 1300 AND I didn’t get my afternoon snack.

After I ate, I headed home to change into PTs and get my stitching project and then I headed over to my friend D’s room.  We sat and talked and stitched and watched a movie.  I can’t recall the name of it, but it was really good.  I also got to meet D’s roommate M tonight – she wasn’t home last week.  D and I are making this a weekly thing!

Bedtime now.  Morning comes around way too early around here.

Today’s high:  104
Current:  90 (11:00 p.m.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s