Short Saturday

Last night was a very interesting night – all the First Sergeants in the Batallion had to do 100% eyes-on accountability at about 0115, so I was up for a while after my 1SG knocked on my door.  I was so sound asleep that I was almost to the door when I remembered that maybe I should put some shorts on.  My roommate’s supervisor came at some point.  And there were about 4 or 5 others that knocked and asked "is so-and-so here?" – nope, wrong room.  I finally got back to sleep after all that (turned out to be nothing really – so nobody needs to start worrying about anything, we’re all fine), but it took a good 30 minutes or so for the sleep to come back. 

I got up about 0715 and got ready for the day and headed to breakfast and formation.  After formation, I handed out the ADO that’s come in the mail so far and had the Soldiers sign that they received their stuff and stamped my paperwork that the orders have been received and marked them as received in the computer system.  I did some other supply stuff to finish out the morning and then I stitched during lunch for 1/2 hour and then I took a nap.  It was another one of those OUT kind of naps, but I felt much better when I woke up.  I headed to rehearsal for the gig we have tomorrow morning.  Rehearsal went well and lasted about an hour.  Then it was back to my office and I did some supply stuff until about 1530 or so.  Those of us on the job tomorrow were done early so we could have some down time since we have to get up early tomorrow.  But I took some of that time to do some turn in documents and a few other things.  Then I headed home and changed into PTs and did some stuff on my computer and got to chat with Ryan for a bit as they were getting ready to go golfing.  It was fun watching Robbie dress himself on the webcam!    They headed out and I headed to dinner.  After I ate, it was back home and I headed to the shower.  It sure was nice having MY shower back!  You see, they’ve been doing some work on the female showers for the past 3 days and we’ve had to walk to another part of our living area to another female shower.  They were finally done today and boy were all the females excited about that!!  It sure wasn’t fun walking all over the place in the dark to find another shower.

Then I checked my e-mail and then took out my stitching and stitched while I watched a few episodes of M*A*S*H.  I’m almost done with Season 1 finally!  I’m heading off to bed now even though it’s early for me.  It’s going to be an early morning tomorrow.

Today’s High: 105
Current:  90 (9:30 p.m.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s