Grupo Histeria

I slept through softball practice this morning due to setting my alarm for PM instead of AM.  I’m thinking I must have come home at lunch last Thursday and taken a nap.  That’s the only way I can figure that it woul have gotten set to PM.  But I always have my travel alarm set for 0715 as a backup, so that woke me up.  KC brought me breakfast from the chow hall so I didn’t have to make an extra trip.  That was really nice of him!!  We had a Health & Welfare inspection this morning – MST Leader came in and just checked for cleanliness and any visible contraband items (porn, etc.).  It was quite easy.  I even made my bed nicer than usual this morning, and swept our floor.

Once my room had been inspected, I headed off to the band hall.  We had brass quintet rehearsal this morning and it went really well.  I even got a compliment on my playing, so that was nice!  I met up with my friend Denise from Joyful Noez for lunch.  She’s been on leave and it’s nice having her back.  We had a great time talking and getting caught up on the past few weeks over lunch.

After lunch I worked on supply paperwork for most of the afternoon.  At 1600 we had unit and small group photos in front of the band hall.  I was in 4 – Brass Quintet, Tuba Quartet, Stage Band, and then the full band one.  It went very smoothly and quick transitions between the groups.  Then it was back to my computer until about 1730 when I changed into my Grupo Histeria t-shirt (uniform for our gigs is our black t-shirt with the group logo on it and ACU pants and boots).  We were supposed to have sound check at 1800, but we had some power issues and ended up not really having a soundcheck.  We started a few minutes after 1900 and had an awesome gig!  There were probably about 50 or so in attendance and lots of dancing during our songs.  We played for an hour and a half and it went great.  It sure was good to have my first post-softball injury gig.  After the gig we tore down and got everything put away and I finally went to dinner about 2115.  I didn’t want to eat before the gig because I can’t play well on a full stomach.  KC took me to Taco Bell for supper and now I’m about to head to bed.  I’m tired and I have a headache.  

Today’s High:  116
Current:  100 (10:45 p.m.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s