Busy Day

This morning I woke up about 0615 and got myself back into uniform and got the building unlocked and ready for the day.  Since I had grabbed some Cocoa Puffs and chocolate milk from the chow hall, I didn’t need to be relieved for chow – my relief appreciated that.  The rest of the morning was pretty uneventful.  I got some stitching done.  I got some crocheting done.  I even read a little bit of a magazine.  And soon it was 1215 and it was all over.  I headed to lunch, and then after lunch we had our monthly ammo inventory/count to ensure that we all have all the ammo that we’re supposed to.  After I was done with that, I headed up to the Optometry Clinic and the optometrist rechecked my eye.  My abrasion has gotten smaller which is good because it means that it’s healing.  She gave me an eyedrop that has a steroid in it to aid in healing and I’ll be using that 4 times a day for the next week.  And I also picked up some plain rewetting drops from the pharmacy.  I’ll be using those 4 times a day after I’m done with the steroids.

Then it was back to the band hall to get ready for rehearsals.  At 1500 we had our first Tuba Quartet rehearsal – two tubas and two euphoniums.  I’m playing euphonium – it’s been years since I played, but the fingerings are coming back to me pretty quickly.  And then at 1600 we had Brass Quintet rehearsal.  Both rehearsals went as well as they could between sight reading and not having played together for over a month and my sound quality sounding like I have a sock stuck in my bell for some of the notes.  It was nice being back in quintet, and the tuba quartet is going to be lots of fun as well.  After rehearsals I finally had a chance to check my work e-mail and I answered the few that actually needed to be answered today.  I’ll take care of the rest tomorrow.

I headed home and took a shower and then KC and I went out for pizza and we just sat and talked about our families and just enjoyed being away from work.  Now I’m home and will be going to bed just as soon as I get my antibiotic ointment in my eye.

One thought on “Busy Day

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s