After the day I had yesterday, I slept in some this morning.  I got up around 7:20 or so.  I got ready and headed to breakfast and then to work.  After formation I didn’t really have much to do – some work e-mails and a little bit more paperwork.  It was a pretty relaxing morning for a change.  After lunch I went to the Mayor’s Cell (don’t ask – I don’t know how to explain it other than it’s like a Mayor’s office in a city) to get registered for the Peachtree 10K – the Iraq satellite for the Georgia race that is held each 4th of July.  Our race is on 6 July.  I have an official race number and everthing, and we’ll get t-shirts after the race.  Then it was back to the band hall for ammo inventory.  It was just a matter of taking all of my rounds out of my magazines, laying them out by 5’s and our armorer counted them and then I put them all back in my magazines.  It only took about 30 minutes.  Then SGT W and I went up to the Battalion to turn in some more supply documents and have something looked at by SFC C, the BN S-4 NCOIC.  It was a long hot walk there, and after we stopped by the mailroom as we both had packages to sign for from yesterday.  They technically weren’t open yet, but the SPC that works in there knows me and she was nice enough to let us have our packages.  Then it was the long hot walk back to the band hall.  About half way back, I could feel myself just running out of gas and I was walking slower and slower, but I managed to make it back.

We had brass quintet rehearsal to close out the afternoon and that was fun as always.  Other than that it was hot in the deep end rehearsal area – the A/C decided to stop working.  We all had sweat just dripping off us while we were playing.  Then right as we were finishing up rehearsal, they got the A/C working again.  It would figure.  After details, it was off for a quick dinner and then back to the rehearsal hall for an evening Salsa Band rehearsal.  Several of us grabbed cans of non-alcoholic Coors from the chow hall for rehearsal – Salsa rehearsal isn’t salsa rehearsal without beer.  LOL  Rehearsal was really fun this evening, and we almost have one set down.  That’s a good thing because I guess we’re starting to get requests for the salsa band to play places and we’re not quite ready yet.  After salsa was done, I had to do a little bit more supply stuff and I finally left the band hall about 2030.  I came home and got a shower and now I’m about to fall asleep with my computer on my lap so I guess I should go to bed.

Today’s high:  maybe 111 or 112?  It was 108 right after lunch and then I didn’t get to check again until about 8.
Current:  95 (10:35 p.m.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s