Happy Father’s Day!!!

Happy Father’s Day to my Dad and my Grandpa, and especially to Ryan, world’s best Daddy to our son!!!!!  I love all of you guys and I miss you bunches.

I got to sleep in this morning!!!!  That sure was nice.  Of course, by doing that, I didn’t get breakfast but that’s ok.  I did some computer stuff and I stitched for an hour and a half!  Then I got dressed and headed to a nice leisurely lunch and then to the band hall for 1300 formation.  I did some e-mails and stuff after formation, and made a quick trip to the PX to buy a toothbrush and toothpaste to keep in my office.  I got a toothbrush travel case as well.  Then we had a short BQ rehearsal for tomorrow’s ceremony and that was pretty much it.  I went to the call center and called Mom and Dad to wish Dad a Happy Father’s Day, and to chat for a few minutes before they went to church.  And I did my weekly weapon maintainence and cleaning.  It was a very good afternoon.

Then I headed to the chapel via Green Beans and the chaplains’ office.  Our (Joyful Noez) bass player is a Chaplain’s Assistant and he had duty this evening and wouldn’t be at the service and he had e-mailed me and asked me if I’d stop by Green Beans and bring him some coffee on my way to the chapel.  So I did and he really appreciated it.  Then it was off to the chapel for warm-ups/rehearsal and then the service.  The service went really well as always – had a Navy Chaplain give the message tonight.  There are I think 3 chaplains that rotate giving the message, so that’s nice.  Each Sunday there are getting to be more and more people at the service, so that’s a great thing!  After the service and we had torn down the band stuff, we headed to the chow hall for dinner and then to Green Beans to hang out after.  I stopped by the band hall to call Ryan and Robbie, and when I finally got through (20+ minutes of trying) they weren’t home so I left a message.  Each week one member buys drinks for everyone.  LD bought tonight – he’s the guy that usually walks me home because he lives in a neighboring LSA.  He’s been gone on missions for the past couple of weeks, so it was nice having him back tonight.  We played Uno, but I only had time for one hand as I had to get back to find out what time formation is for me tomorrow.  It’s early, so I’m off to bed.

No pictures again tonight – the internet is just being too slow.  Hopefully soon. . .

Today’s High:  102 (another dust storm)
Current:  93 (11:30 p.m.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s