Long day with lots of stuff

It was snowing again this morning!  We were supposed to get 1-2 inches today, and I think we actually did.  I did 3 miles on the elliptical at the gym this morning during PT.  3 miles on an elliptical is awful.  I almost don’t like the elliptical, but it does give your legs a good workout (as I’m feeling now).  Then it was breakfast at the chow hall and then off to the arms room.  I had to do the monthly sensitive items inventory – weapons and night vision stuff and a few other things.  It took me over an hour to finish as there were several inspections going on in the arms room during the same time.  But it was ok, I knew about the inspections beforehand and I didn’t mind waiting.

Once I was done there, it was back to supply to do some paperwork and eat lunch.  Then off to the motorpool where we doing our turn-in for our “left behind” equipment (LBE) – stuff that we’re not deploying with and that the unit won’t need upon our return.  I had to leave in the middle of that (SSG C and SGT O’B were there as well) to go to a UMO meeting with all the company UMOs from the Battalion and the BN UMO.  That was a very informative meeting and now we have some equipment ship dates that we’re looking at.  It’s nice knowing actual dates so we can start getting stuff done.  Some Soldiers in the band seem to have trouble completing tasks unless they have a suspense date, so now we have one.  They’re going to be hearing from their friendly (unless they don’t listen, then it will be not-so-friendly) UMO a lot more often.  

After I was done with the UMO meeting, I hurried over to Battalion HQ as one of my Soldiers will be starting the Warrior Leader Course on Monday and the BN Command Sergeant Major briefed them and inspected their Class A uniforms.  The sponsors (the Soldiers’ first-line supervisors) had to be there as well, and that’s me.  That took up hour 3 of the afternoon and then it was back to my supply office to do some e-mails, inprocess a couple of soldiers (wearing my government travel card and UPL hats), and brief SFC P on what went on during the UMO meeting.  I finally left at 1715 and got Robbie on my way home.  I made the Hamburger Helper crunchy taco thing for supper.  And just like last night, Robbie’s in bed, and I’m heading up EARLY myself.  I’m looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.  I’m not getting up until my body says it’s time to get up.

High:  25
Low:  11
Current:  21 with a windchill of 11

One thought on “Long day with lots of stuff

  1. You Make My Day

    Hi Lani-

    I’ve tagged you with an award! You can get the logo and the rules on my blog.

    Meg (blog.fiberholic.net)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s