Lots of rehearsals

This morning was the unit weigh-in, but since I weighed yesterday afternoon, I didn’t have to go in until 0900 this morning. We met at the gym at 9 for our annual flu shots. But we didn’t get shots – we got the flu mist nose stuff. Yuck! I’d much rather have a shot, thank you very much. We had formation back at the band hall at 0930 and then a little bit of time before concert band but not really enough to get anything done in supply. So I went to concert band at 1030 but it wasn’t concert band because Chief ended up having to go to a meeting at Battalion. We had group rehearsals instead, and I guess the brass group rehearsal was productive. That took us until lunch, and during lunch I ate and stitched. Then after lunch was jazz band for half the time and then sectionals (jazz band type) for the rest of the time. Finally at 3 I was able to get some other stuff done. Don’t get me wrong – I love playing music. But I have a huge list of things that need to get done in supply as well – including learning what I’m supposed to be doing in there – and when rehearsals are scheduled all day, I don’t get anything done. Of course, there are others that are in the same boat. I did manage to get up to the Substance Abuse building and pick up supplies for future urinalyses and some handouts for the class about Alcohol that I’m giving on 14 November. Then it was back to the office, and I actually got a really good start on the evaluation report I have to write. There wasn’t anyone around except the supply supervisor and he was busy taking care of his work. I didn’t get to go run, but it was pouring rain anyway so it was a good day to stay in and work on the computer.

I left about 5:15 and went and got Robbie from daycare and headed home. After relaxing for a little bit, I made spaghetti for supper and Robbie helped a little bit – helped me chop the mushrooms and then helped stir the sauce as it was simmering. He sure loves helping to cook! After supper we played for a bit more and then up to bed for the little guy. I took a shower and then headed down to crochet and watch Tivo. I got a few bills paid a bit ago and now I’ll be heading off to bed after I check my e-mail and message boards.

High: 69 (sometime in the middle of last night – it rained all day today and got up to maybe 58 during the day)
Low: 45

One thought on “Lots of rehearsals

  1. That’s pretty cool that you get to spend so much of the day playing music! Although I’m sure it won’t be quite so cool when it’s time to return to all the craziness you haven’t had time for…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s