Lots of stuff and a tired day

I started the day off with PT this morning. We are in our new squad and platoon formations, and we’re doing PT by squad. The trombone/tuba squad played cards – red cards were pushups and black cards were situps, however many was the number on the card. We went through about half the deck. Then we ran a mile. After my short home time for shower/change/breakfast/e-mail/pack lunch, it was back for rehearsal. We rehearsed a little for the retirement ceremony on Friday afternoon. I did a few other things in the morning but I have no idea what – my brain is done for the day. We have a new lunchtime – it’s from 1200-1330 now instead of 1130-1300. It’s nice for the people that go to the chow hall since the rush is gone, and it gives us a more even work day – 0930-1200 in the morning (2 1/2 hours) and 1330-1600 in the afternoon (2 1/2 hours). It’ll take a while for my tummy to get used to it, but I’ll manage. Maybe I’ll just take a granola bar or something for a mid-morning snack.

After lunch we had Jazz Band!! It was a lot of fun. We just sightread quite a few pieces. Our commander is running it, and he’ll be playing drums on a few pieces since the regular drummer also sings. I really like our new commander so far, and our new First Sergeant, too. Of course, I found out today that after Friday’s Brass Quintet gig, I’m going to be in charge of the BQ and 1SG will be in the group. That should be interesting. After jazz band was done, we did the percussion instruments for the 100% inventory. Since I’m doing property book now, I have to be at all the inventories this week, and then from now on I’ll be in charge of them. That’ll be fun. I’m finally actually doing something that will be worth something on my NCO evaluation report. Once the inventory was done for today, I got changed into my PT’s and I went running with JG. He’s on the weigh control program and therefore is part of the special population PT program and those soldiers do PT twice a day (PT failures and overweight). I volunteered to run with him on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we’ll just be running whatever is up for my marathon training program – so we’re killing 2 birds with one run!! We only did 4.25 today though – it was HOT and we got a little bit of a late start and I had to get Robbie from daycare before 5:30.

So we finished running and I headed out to get Robbie and Ryan met us at the Golden Unicorn for supper. He hadn’t been feeling well today and came home from work after a couple of hours. It was his turn to cook supper tonight and he didn’t feel like cooking, so we ate out. JG met us there and we had a great time. Then it was home to get Robbie to bed and I found all the stuff I needed and got my rucksack packed and everything together for tomorrow morning’s 2 mile train-up road march. I’ve had a much-needed and very relaxing shower and I’m about to head up to bed once I finish my e-mail and message boards.

High: 84
Low: 48

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s