Well, today was our final exams in the Air Load Planner Course. I say examS as there were two. The first one was a 30 question multiple choice open book test with a time limit of one hour. I finished in about 25 minutes and then sat in the lobby area and read my book until they called us back in. I got 100% on it. The second part was to actually do a load plan. We had to do a C-17, and I had a hard time with mine. I moved things around and redid math 3 or 4 times before I finally got everything in the plane, with the center of balance in the right spot, AND room for the 16 passengers. We had two hours to complete this part, and it took me all but about 10 minutes. I guess the extra time paid off, though, as I received 100% on it!!! After filling out Course Evaluations, we were presented with our Certificates of Training, and it was announed that I was the Distinguished Honor Grad with an average of 99.8%!! Woohoo! Not bad for a band geek who will probably never actually have to do this.

We were done by 1:30 and I came home and went for a 5 mile run. It was a good day for a run. When I first got home I didn’t feel like running, but then I checked my e-mail and I had my weekly newsletter from Fred’s Team in there and that got me motivated to head out the door. I’m glad I did – felt much better when I got home. Then I headed out and got Robbie from daycare. We went on a date tonight – dinner and a movie! We stopped at the Golden Unicorn for supper (grilled cheese & fries for him and egg salad and chips for me) and then we came home and cuddled on the couch and watched what he calls “Yee-haw Bob”. It’s a Bob the Builder DVD, but it’s about an hour and 15 minutes long, instead of the little short 20 minute shows. We played with cars and trucks during the movie for a while too. That was a lot of fun!

After he was in bed, I got my fundraising letters printed to send to area businesses. Then I stitched and watched some Tivo for a while, and now I’m printing my envelopes. Once they’re done, I’ll head to bed. It’s gonna take a while – gotta load each envelope individually into the printer. And I’ve got 51 letters – of course, I’m 3 envelopes short so I’ll have to go get more tomorrow. And stamps.

High: 54
Low: 34

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s