The beginning of leave

Saturday was a travel day. We left about 7:45 and headed north to Canada and then west to Michigan. We had some rain before lunchtime, but it wasn’t too bad. Ryan drove the whole way and I stitched. We got to Rick’s around 5 and relaxed for a bit before heading out to eat. Robbie sure was glad to see Uncle Rick!! We ate at a Mexican restaurant and it was pretty good. We don’t have a Mexican restaurant in Watertown, so it was a nice change.

Sunday morning Rick and I went to church twice as I played a trombone solo for the offertory. After the first service we went back and picked up Ryan and Robbie (and changed cars) and went to a buffet for brunch and then back for the second service. I got a lot of nice comments from people. I really enjoy playing at churches. Then it was back to Rick’s house to play for a while before naptime for Robbie. While he was napping, I took a nap, too. I guess I must have been tired – I slept almost as long as he did. After we both woke up (he woke me up), we all went and did some shopping at Meijer and then to Steak N’ Shake for supper. Then it was more playing, and after Robbie was in bed, I crocheted.

Monday was a travel day again as we headed north to Mom & Dad’s. Ryan drove again and I stitched. We stopped just over the bridge at McDonald’s for lunch, and also took some time for Robbie to play in the play area. Ryan and I even went up in the “tower” and down the slide with Robbie – he’s still scared to do it by himself, but he had a lot fun with Mommy or Daddy with him (the rules said for kids ages 2-12 and parents can play, too). We got home about 4:30 and Robbie ran right to Grampa and gave him big hugs. Gramma was still at work but she got home about an hour after we got there. She brought home KFC for supper, and we had fun playing the rest of the evening until bedtime. After bedtime was stitching and visiting and TV.

Tuesday we had planned on going to Marquette but Ryan slept until 10:30. Once he got up, we headed over to my grandparents’ house to visit with them for a while. Robbie had fun there, too, and of course they have some toys there for him. Grandpa gave Robbie a harmonica and finally as we were getting ready to leave Robbie blew into it and made it “sing”. Grandpa got a picture of him “playing” it. Grandma couldn’t believe how much he ate – we had grapes and cantaloupe and a couple of cookies. And orange juice. Robbie had to have orange juice. Once we got home it was naptime and while Robbie was sleeping I crocheted a little bit and did some computer stuff. When he got up, Ryan and Robbie and I went outside and splashed in the mud puddles and walked around in the yard and threw lots of snowballs at each other. Robbie thinks it’s funny throwing snowballs at Daddy. I did get some pictures and videos of the fun, but my camera cord is at home so you’ll have to wait until next week to see them. Mom had class so it was just the 4 of us for supper and we had chef salads and breadsticks. It was good. Then it was more playing until bedtime and more crocheting after bedtime.

Today we got to Marquette in the morning and went to Walmart and Michaels. We also went to the mall and had our rings cleaned and Robbie got a couple of books at the bookstore. Ryan got a new crossword puzzle book. And we also stopped at Bath & Body Works where our cousin-by-marriage Amanda works and chatted with her for a while. It was nice seeing her again. Then we headed downtown and went to where Mom works to see her for a little bit and then to Fazolis for lunch. We don’t have one of those in Watertown either. We stopped at the grocery store on our way home. During naptime I got some stuff ready to mail and then crocheted. When Mom got home we had grilled cheese and fries and carrots for supper and then it was off to Church for the weekly Lenten service. It was a nice service and Robbie was pretty good through it considering it started at bedtime. There were snacks afterwards, so of course Robbie had to have a cookie and some milk. After he was in bed when we got home, it was more crocheting and some TV.

2 thoughts on “The beginning of leave

  1. Sounds like Watertown isn’t a great resturant scene place. If I’m going to come up there they had better get a Mexican resturant. But I suppose Mexicans don’t like frezzing their juevos (sp) off so that’s understandable I guess.

    And you’re turing into quite the rock start aren’t you…cool !

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s