Concert, ceremony, and Home Alone. . .

Thursday morning we had to be at a briefing with our new Garrison Command Sergeant Major at 0600. They did have donuts and fruit and coffee and juice for us. It was actually pretty good and our new CSM is very nice and has a good sense of humor. After that was done, I came home (Ryan had already brought Robbie to day care) and did some cleaning around the house, took a nice long uninterrupted shower, read a week’s worth of newspapers, and relaxed. Ryan got home about 1230 and we talked for a bit before I left to go get Robbie. Ryan was home early as he left to go to a battle reenactment with one of his living history groups. I picked Robbie up from day care and brought him out to Suzanne’s. We had a concert Thursday evening and Suzanne had said she would watch Robbie since Ryan was out of town. The concert went ok – not great, but still ok – and Robbie had a great time at Suzanne’s. She was glad to see him again as were her two boys, Chandler and Jacob.

Friday morning we had a change of command ceremony, and boy was it hot out – about 80 degrees at ceremony start time of 0900. We made it through it though, and no one fell out. In the afternoon I went to Sam’s Club to get some stuff for the snack bar at work – it sure is nice going shopping during work hours. After I picked Robbie up, we came home and played and ate dinner and played some more and then after he went to bed I stitched.

Today was a long but fun day. Ryan’s still gone, so it was just me and Robbie. We played for a while after we got up and had had breakfast, and then we went downtown to the Saturday Market on Broad. There are vendors set up selling home-grown produce (I bought a pint of blueberries – they’re good, but not as good as wild Michigan blueberries), crafts, and other stuff. It was pretty neat, and Robbie enjoyed the ride in his stroller. After that we went to my cross stitch store to buy a few things for a project I’ve been working on. Then we came home and he fell asleep in the car. I put him in his crib when we got home and he slept for almost 2 hours. I got some stitching done. After he woke up, we went out again, and I got my nails (fingers and toes) done. He was a really good boy the whole time we were there. It was dinner time when we got home, so I ate and fed Robbie and then we played until bedtime. After he went to bed, I finished the aforementioned cross stitch project and now I’m here doing stuff online before I head off to bed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s